This article from InSource shows how to adjust password complexity, reminders, age, and maximum number of login attempts based around user passwords within the application.
- Author: Justin Benton
- Published: 06/19/2020
- Applies to: j5 2019 and Above
Depending on your site's security protocol, there may be certain restrictions that passwords must follow in order to be in compliance with company policy. In the event that protocol is changed, you can adjust your j5 application passwords to match company policy.
- Launch the j5 System Management Console.
- Navigate to the "Password Policy Settings (DbAuth)" menu.
- Click the "Save and Verify" option in the top right of the menu.
- Navigate to the top of the System Management Console tree. Click "Deploy Changes". The Setup Wizard will run and make the necessary changes to the application.
On this menu, the necessary changes can be made. The image in step 2 are the current default settings upon installation. Be advised, the password strength is very stringent. With 0 being the lowest and 4 being the strongest.