This article from InSource shows how to Link an IndustraForm Main logbook as a sublog
- Author: Ron Tanner
- Published: 03/25/2022
- Applies to: j5 2019
First create a custom logbook and call it Process Events. The goal is to add Operations Logbook entries from and link them to the Process Events logbook.
1. Open your project in the j5 IDE.
2. You will need to create a field to link Process Events as a parent of the Operations Logbook. You accomplish this in Operations Logbook's fields. Add a field named: "parent_event_id".
3. Link this field using an IndustraForm Synonym. This is available in the field’s configuration towards the bottom of the page. The form property is available in j5 IndustraForms that are created within a parent log.
4. Configure the Operations Logbook as a subform.
5. Configure the logbook we want to link based on this field. Two options are available:
- On the Process Events logbook, we can declare the sublog and linked fields.
- On the Operations logbook, we can declare the parentlog and linked fields.
6. Save and deploy the project.
7. Update the Form Design of the Operations Logbook using the IndustraForm Designer and include the new ParentLogID field in order to sync with our linking field. To test change the field's "visible if" property to "False".
Your two IndustraForm Main logbooks are now linked as Parent and Sublog.