This article from InSource shows how to acquire a v3 license prior to j5 installation.
- Author: Justin Benton
- Published: 09/15/2022
- Applies to: All j5 Versions
In 2021, the j5 licensing system was upgraded from v2 to v3. With this update, the j5 system now requires a new license which contains the application features that you may need to enable. With this update, there's new information that must be sent to the Hexagon Software Delivery Team in order to obtain a license.
1. Navigate to https://smartcommunity.hexagonppm.com/. Then Downloads > j5 > Freeware Tools and Utilities.
2. Here you will find the utility
3. Copy the utility to your server. Unblock the zip file if needed. Then extract the files
4. You will see multiple files available. In this technote, we will generate our machine code with the j5machinecode.exe. This is the utility used when there is no j5 software present.
5. Run the j5machineCode.exe and accept the license agreement by pressing "y" and "Enter" in the Command Prompt
6. You'll receive a message that your machine has been copied to the local clipboard.
7.Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Your company's service site ID.
The v3 machine code for each machine that needs a license along with a description of what it's going to be used for (for example, production, testing, QA, staging etc).
The total number of Concurrent Access Licenses (CALs) your site is entitled to.
The j5 applications and connectors your site is entitled to.
The j5 version your site is currently using.
The email address for your contact person.
Your site's physical address.