TN WIS109 Publishing InTouch windows to Wonderware Information Server using Archestra Web Exporter
Wonderware Information Server has the ability to display InTouch graphics, showing information about a currently running process. This document will describe how to use the Archestra Web Exporter which can be used to publish InTouch Windows with Archestra graphics.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 10/16/2015
- Applies to: Wonderware Information Server
Tools for sending windows to WIS
There are two tools available for publishing InTouch windows to a WIS server:
- Win-XML Exporter: Used for publishing classic Intouch applications to WIS. Does not support Archestra graphics. Has been around for a long time. Runs as seperate app off of start menu. Windows are published to the Process Graphics section of WIS. Requires InTouch running for its data source.
- Archestra Web Exporter: Used for publishing managed InTouch applications. Supports Archestra graphics. Runs from within Archestra IDE. Windows and graphics are published to the Archestra Graphics section of WIS. Requires a platform deployed to it for Galaxy data, and InTouch running for tag data.
Using Archestra Web Exporter:
- Launch from Start > Programs >Wonderware > Archestra IDE, and connect to your galaxy
- From IDE toolbar select the "Create/Open Web Project" icon.
- Select to Create Web Project
- Provide the name of your project and where to store the project files.
- Enter the location of your WIS server, and press Verify URL.
- Press OK.
- On the Left side of the screen right-click on your project and select New Windowset. A new WindowSet will be created (A folder for your InTouch Windows or graphics). Note: This name will be published to the WIS server.
- Select what you want to publish:
- Archestra Graphics:
- On the Right side of the program select the tab for Archestra Symbols.
- You can either select to display a graphic directly from the Graphic Toolbox, or from an object instance by using the icons on the toolbar
- When you find your graphic, double-click on it to add it to the currently selected WindowSet.
- InTouch Windows
- Go to File > Open Managed InTouch Application
- Select your application.
- On the Right hand side your InTouch Windows should be displayed.
- If not displayed, select the InTouch Windows tab.
- Drag the window you want to the appropriate WindowSet.
- Archestra Graphics:
- On the Left side right click on either the project or your WindowSet and select Publish to send the files to the WIS server.