TN IT314 Manually setting InTouch Application to Read-only/ReadWrite
This article from InSource shows how to manually modify an InTouch application to set the Read-Only flag for Remote Access, by modfiying the .ini file.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 04/09/2018
- Applies to: InTouch HMI v2014r2 and higher
Within InTouch WindowMaker the developer can configure if an application is intended for Read-Only or Read Write access.
While this should be done through WindowMaker whenever possible, the Intouch.ini file can be manually modified to configure this setting.
To do this:
- Close InTouch if it is currently running.
- Navigate to your InTouch Application's folder
- Find the InTouch.ini file and open it with Notepad.
- Find the following line in the ini file. If this line does not exist, the line can be manually added:
- MarkAppReadOnly=1 - This is used to set the application to Readonly access.
- MarkAppReadOnly=0 - This is used to set the application to Read Write access
- Save and close the file.
- Launch InTouch to test.
Note: InTouch licenses specify if the will allow usage in Read-only or Read/Write mode. For example, to utilize the Read-only mode, you need to have purchased Read-only licensing for InTouch.