TN IT303 Comparing NAD to Deployment for InTouch Updates
This article from InSource compares Network Application Development (NAD) and Deployment for Wonderware InTouch updates. NAD is used with InTouch Standalone applications. Deployment is used with InTouch Managed applications.
- Author: Rich Brooks
- Published: 1/12/2018
- Applies to: Wonderware InTouch 2017 and above
There are some key differences between NAD and deployed updates as listed below. Otherwise, they operate in the same fashion.
InTouch Standalone App
- NAD is optional with InTouch Standalone. It is enabled by checking the checkbox for "Enable Network Application Development".
- It is configured from the InTouch Application Manager by selecting Tools | Node Properties.
- The Local working directory is C:\Users\Public\Wonderware\NAD.
- There is a Polling period in seconds. This is how often it checks for changes.
InTouch Managed App
- Deployment of updates is required for Managed Applications.
- It is configured from the IDE by opening the InTouchViewApp template. Select Special | Configure | WindowViewer from the menu in WindowMaker.
- The Local working directory is C:\ProgramData\ArchestrA\ManagedApp.
- There is a Reminder interval in seconds. It may be set to zero for no reminder. The changes will load on restart of WindowViewer.