TN IT272 How to use the query filter favorites file to change an Alarm query at Runtime through the Alarm DB View Control in InTouch
This article from InSource shows how to use the Query Filter favorites file with the Alarm Viewer Control
- Author: Ernest Lee
- Published: 05/08/2017
- Applies to: Intouch v8 and higher
1. Double-Click the Alarm Viewer Control and take note of the control name (AlarmViewerCtrl3), we will need this information later.
2. Next click the Query tab and type a name for the Query Favorites File which will get saved to the application folder or you can specify a path.
3. Click Edit Query Favorites and click Add to create a new Query.
4. Type the name of the query and for the query I am choosing 1 of my alarm groups called Mixers.
5. I will add another query for the sub alarm group called HeatEx (Note the query format is \intouch!alarmgroupname)
6. Now you have the default query and the 2 ones recently added.
7. Now in runtime we can toggle between the two filters to focus our alarm results.
8. During Runtime, right-click on the Alarm Viewer and choose Query Favorites.
9. Choose the saved query you want to use and it will filter the results accordingly.
10. I also created a Button with a Pushbutton action script set to #AlarmViewerCtrl3.SetQueryByName("Query1");
11. This script is #nameofviewercontrol.setquerybyname("nameofqueryfavorite");
12. Now you can use the button to run the query favorite w/out having to right-click on the control.