This article from InSource shows how to use the Query Filter favorites file with the Alarm Viewer Control
- Author: Ernest Lee
- Published: 05/08/2017
- Applies to: Intouch v8 and higher
1. Double-Click the Alarm Viewer Control and take note of the control name (AlarmViewerCtrl3), we will need this information later.
2. Next click the Query tab and type a name for the Query Favorites File which will get saved to the application folder or you can specify a path.
3. Click Edit Query Favorites and click Add to create a new Query.
4. Type the name of the query and for the query I am choosing 1 of my alarm groups called Mixers.
5. I will add another query for the sub alarm group called HeatEx (Note the query format is \intouch!alarmgroupname)
6. Now you have the default query and the 2 ones recently added.
7. Now in runtime we can toggle between the two filters to focus our alarm results.
8. During Runtime, right-click on the Alarm Viewer and choose Query Favorites.
9. Choose the saved query you want to use and it will filter the results accordingly.
10. I also created a Button with a Pushbutton action script set to #AlarmViewerCtrl3.SetQueryByName("Query1");
11. This script is #nameofviewercontrol.setquerybyname("nameofqueryfavorite");
12. Now you can use the button to run the query favorite w/out having to right-click on the control.