TN IT251 How to Restore Default Menus in WindowMaker Using the Registry
This article from InSource Solutions shows you how to restore default menus in WindowMaker using the Registry.
- Author: Daniel London
- Published: 02/03/2017
- Applies to: InTouch WindowMaker
The recommended method for restoring the default menus in WindowMaker is to go to View -> Restore Layout. However, you may run into situations where even the View menu has been disabled. Another method, in WindowMaker, is to press Alt + V on the keyboard and select Restore Layout. As a final solution, there is a way to manually enable the menu defaults in the Registry.
- Make sure you are exited out of WindowMaker and WindowViewer.
- Launch the Registry by going to Start -> Run -> regedit.
- Browse to the following directory: Hkey_current_user\software\wonderware\windowmaker\intouch-windowmaker
- Delete the keys shown in the image below (every folder starting with "Tool"), exit out of the Registry and restart WindowMaker. The default menus should be reset.