Things to consider when upgrading an Intouch application from one PC to another
- Author: Mike Viteri
- Published: 12/1/2016
- Applies to: Intouch
- Active X Controls - Active X controls that are used within Intouch are actually controls that exist in windows that are installed by another program. If you need the same Active X Control this program will need to be installed on the new computer. When you go though the upgrade process with Intouch on a new PC you will get an error that says "Invalid reference or unknown OCX Method" if the control is missing.
- Scripts - Scripts should be checked for following
- Nodename scripts - these will have to be change if the computer name is changing
- Sendkeys scripts - this function is not supported in the later releases of Intouch
- IOAccessname scripts
- Password scripts - the password.bin is now encrypted and you cannot read the passwords out
- SPCPro also know as Statistical Process Control (SPC) is no longer supported in Intouch 2014R2. The replacement is QI Analyst or MES Quality
- Database connections or reading/writing to files
- Database - SQL Server or access database on the machine
- Text files- text files that are used to read/write data
- Excel - is excel used to read/write data
- Device Integration
- Does the computer have the correction connections. Serial?Data Highway?
- Using a New IO/OI server?
- Do you have to change any of the items inside of the Intouch application?
- Does any accessname have to be changed.