This article from InSource shows monitoring a connection using IOStatus. WindowViewer includes a built-in topic called IOStatus to monitor the status of a specific I/O conversation between an InTouch application and an I/O Server communicating with a PLC.
- Author: Mike Viteri
- Published: 8/30/2016
- Applies to: Intouch 7.11 and later
1. Setup an accessname called connectionstatus
2. Create I/O discrete tag that can help you identify the connection you are monitoring. In this example I called it "Simconnection" as im using the DASimulator. Assign the accessname of this tag to one that you created in the previous step. The item here will be the name of the accessname you want to monitor. Save this tag.
3. Create a value display for the discrete tag. Link it to the new tag you created and give it an on and off message.
4. Now when you go to Windowviewer. If the connection from Windowviewer to IOServer is active you will get a true or "online" when the connection is broken or the server is off you will get a false or "disconnected".