Archestra Symbols now contain a wizard feature to create customizable graphics without requiring scripting. This document will show how to use the Symbol Wizard's Option capability.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 04/21/2015
- Applies to: InTouch with Application Server v2014; InTouch Modern Applications v2014R2
The following example will create a tank symbol called MyTank with two input valves and two output valves. In WindowMaker you will then be able to select how many of the inputs or outputs you would like to see.
- Create a new symbol called MyTank in the Graphic Toolbox, and open it for editing.
- Embed an existing tank graphic. (This demo uses Archestra Symbol Library > Vessels> TankVertFill).
- Rename this element as TankBody.
- Embed an existing valve graphic, and duplicate it to create 4 total. (This demo uses Archestra Symbol Library > Valves> ValveDiaphragm).
- Rename two of the valves to InletTop and InletBottom. Place these on the left of the tank.
- Rename the remaining two valves to OutletLeft and OutletRight. Place these on the bottom of the tank.
- Your symbol should now look like this:
- Go to the Symbol Wizards panel. If this is not shown, go to View> Symbol Wizard.
- Click the Add Option button 4 times, to create options called ShowInletTop, ShowInletBottom, ShowOutletLeft, ShowOutletRight.
When this symbol is finished, these are the options that will be displayed in WindowMaker.
- Click on the Layers tab.
- You will see four layers, one for each option. Expand all of these layers so the Graphic Elements folder is shown.
- Drag from the Elements Pane the elements that should be visible when each option is selected. For example, when the ShowInletBottom option is selected, we want the InletBottom element to be displayed, so we will drag that element down to the Graphic Elements for that layer.
- Save and close the symbol.
- Add the symbol to an InTouch Window. When you double click on the symbol, you will now see options to select which valves will be displayed.