This article from InSource shows how to install the license manager 3.6 version as well as the resolved issues of it.
- Author: Chris Cleope
- Published: 09/22/2020
- Applies to: License Manager 3.6
- Download the latest version of the license manager from the Aveva products hub page.
- Install, accept the license agreement and let it upgrade/update.
- Once complete, go into your control panel and make sure it had completed correctly.
Resolved issues from installing 3.6
- The remote server returned an error: (503) Server unavailable
- Adding a domain group to the SELicMgr did not work.
- The primary License Server Core Service was stopping and starting. Eventually, it consumed 2GB of RAM and did not work.
- The License Server ran into grace period.
- Unable to see the Usage Details in the paired redundant License Server.
- OI Server Professional was acquiring license from the Backup Server instead of the Primary Server.
- Trend could not see the license. Trend was not running on the Historian Server even when everything was local and Historian was running fine.
- The MOM client license cannot be released after closing the InTouch application on the Terminal server.
These are just some of the resolved issues from 3.6.
It is always a good practice to update to the latest version, as it has the latest patches/fixes already included in them.