Discuss licensing for InTouch Machine Edition (ITME).
This is incomplete.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 02/02/2015
- Applies to: InTouch Machine Edition/ITME/Indusoft
How and When to Use this Guide
Unsure how to install/license ITME
Does not use .lic files.
- Development is licensed by USB dongle.
- Runtime is licensed using softkey
Licensed by Tag Count and Edition:
- 1000 tags
- 3000 tags
Embedded Compact and Embedded Standard (Runtime versions):
- 100 tags w 1 Driver
- 500 tags with 2 drivers
- 1000 tags with 3 drivers
- 2000 tags with 4 drivers
- 3000 tags with 5 drivers
- Double click Setup. Click Next. Do not read anything, just keep clicking next. Reboot.
Licensing (internal consignment license):
If you run the software right after installing (ie: without a license) it will go into a demo mode which allows a total of 40hours for the development software to be open. I don't know what happens after this time, I'm afraid to test it.
The team.invensys.com site has a PDF that goes over licensing in the Demo License section. Below are summary notes:
- Licensing is by MAC Address. So if virtualizing you need to be sure your solution doesn't generate new MACs.
- Go to Start > Programs > Wonderware > InTouch Machine Edition > Register.
- If using Win8, C:\Program Files (x86)\Wonderware\InTouch Machine Edition vX.X\Bin and run RunUniReg.exe.
-Select "Softkey", the "Check". Click through warning.
- It'll say license not found, click Change License.
- Choose your network card, and Copy the Hardware Identifier it displays.
- Go to "http://wwdotprod10.wonderware.com/protected/licensegen/default.aspx" and paste in the hardware identifier from previous step.
- Enter Activation code into the ITME Register window, and hit Authorize.
- If it authorized, click close to exit. If it did not authorize begin weeping.