How to auto-start the Alarm Purge Utility.
How to auto-start the Alarm Purge Utility
- Author: Ernest Lee
- Published: 11/25/2015
- Applies to: 7.1 and higher (support for Windows 7 / Server 2008)
The steps to do this are as follows :
- Add the following line in the file win.ini:
In the section
- Add the executable wwalmpurge.exe to the Startup folder.
For Windows 7 and Server 2008
In these Operating Systems, the file path to the win.ini file has changed, and the AppData folder is hidden.
To unhide the AppData folder
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click the Organize button under the main menu bar.
- Click Folder and search options.
- Click the View tab.
- In the Advanced settings panel, click the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
- Click Apply to Folders, then OK to close the Folder Options window.
You can now view all the files under the folder C:\users\[username]\AppData\Local\Wonderware.
The full file path to the .ini file is:
Where [username] is the Windows logon username.