TN DAS173 Resolving unable to Open DAServer type DA Server Configuration Editor with warning Global Parameters cannot be shown
How to resolve a failure to open [DAServer type] DA Server Configuration Editor with the warning 'Global Parameters' cannot be shown...'
- Author: Peter Farrell
- Published: 03//19/2018
- Applies to: All Versions
Unable to Open DAS[DA Server Type Name Here]P DA Server Configuration Editor with warning::
"Global Parameters' cannot be shown or configured because the corresponding editor for the item is invalid or has not been installed on this machine. Please install the editor and try again."
Each of the following represent a possible solution to this error when attempting to open the Configuration Editor in the System Management Console.
1. Make sure that no one else has an SMC open from another machine pointing to the same machine on which you are trying to open the Configuration Editor. Occasional, the system can get confused and lock out other users.
2. Run the Wonderware Change Network Account Utility from
Start > All Programs > Wondeware > Common or by clicking the icon on Windows 2012/2012R2/10 in the All Apps by category view.
You’ll need to enter the ArchestrA account designated for your network and the password, and the machine will reboot.
3. Turn off User Account Control (UAC) from within the OS. This OS feature is known to cause this and other issues with Wonderware products.
From the Start Menu search for UAC, and it should come right up. Make sure that the slider is all the way to the bottom; if not move it all the way down and try to get into the DASSABCIP Configuration Editor.
4. Try a simple re-boot, and see if that resolve this issue.
5. If you have another machine with the same version and configuration of the DASABCIP, go to that machine and navigate to C:\Program Data\Wonderware\DAServer\DASABCIP and look for a file called dasabcip.aarul. Make a copy of this file, and transfer it to the machine on which you’re unable to open the Configuration Editor.
Make a back up of dasabcip.aarul on your problem machine, and rename it to something else like for example dasabcip.aarulBAK then replace it with the copy of dasabcip.aarul from the other machine. See if that works.
6. Run the Wonderware installer for the DASABCIP and see if a “Repair” resolves the problem. If not, it may be necessary to uninstall and reinstall the DASABCIP DA Server.