This article by InSource Solutions shows how to troubleshoot common issues with the DA Server Manager in the System Management Console (SMC).
- Author: Daniel London
- Published: 05/09/2016
- Applies to: SMC/DA Server Manager (All Versions)
The purpose of this article is to serve as a one stop shop for troubleshooting common issues witnessed in the SMC DA Server Manager.
- DA Servers will not show in the DA Server Manager/Manager cannot be expanded in the SMC: The most common fix for this issue is to re enter the Change Network Account in the Wonderware Change Network Account Utility. This program can be found at Start -> All Programs -> Wonderware -> Common -> Change Network Account. It is important to note that after clicking OK in the popup that it will reboot the PC. If the previous method does not resolve the issue, Wonderware has written a tech note that provides many valuable troubleshooting steps that can be attempted. A link is included below that redirects you to the Wonderware Developer Site. If you are unable to login, please contact InSource Tech Support and request Tech Note 576.
- When attempting to modify DA Server configuration on a driver, it is grayed out and will not let you edit it: This is commonly due to having more than one session of the SMC open. Please close all extra sessions and verify that only one session is running at a time. An example is shown in the image below.
- When attempting to save changes to a DA Server driver, getting "Access is denied" message: There is an article on the Knowledge Center that addresses this. A link to the document will be provided below.
- Uninstall and Reinstall a DA Server: This is typically the final step to be taken in troubleshooting issues with the DA Server Manager. If you have settings that must be saved for your driver, make sure to follow the article below for methods on backing them up.