TN DA126 Unable to Add Item
The messages that say "Unable to add item _____" are typically caused by attempting to reference a bad PLC address. The typical solution is to go through your InTouch application (Or App Server Objects, etc.) and find the invalid reference and correct it. Sometimes there are too many applications to look through, or you simply do not have the time to look through all of them.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 09/11/2015
- Applies to: DA Servers
The following is a workaround to solve the issue, it should not be considered "best practice".
- Open the Wonderware System Management Console (Start > Programs > Wonderware > System Management Console), on the PC where the DA Server is running.
- Expand the DA Server Manager, and under Configuration find the branch for the problem PLC.
- On the tabs, select the tab called "Device Items". This tab is intended to be used for creating aliases for tags.
- Add a new line:
- Name: Enter the incorrect address that is referenced in the logger message.
- Item Reference: Enter the correct address which exists in the PLC.
- Save the changes, then restart the DA Server.
By doing this, and pointing the bad address at a valid one, the DA Server will redirect any requests for the bad address, and the logger will no longer display errors.