When using FSGateway and or OPCClient object and attempt to browse for OPC Server software installed on the PC an error is displayed saying "Failed to Create OPCEnum on the selected node. If you don't have OPCEnum installed, please specify Server CLSID instead of ProgID."
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 04/23/2015
- Applies to: Device Integration
- Go to Administrative Tools > Component Services.
- Expand Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config and find OpcEnum. Right click this and select Properties.
- Go to the Security Tab, and under Launch and Activation Permissions click the Edit button.
- Find the ANONYMOUS LOGON user, and press remove to delete it.
- Click the Add button, and readd the ANONYMOUS LOGON user. Give this user full permissions in the Allow column.
- Press OK twice to save the properties, and exit from Component Services.