TN DA101 FSGateway: Failed to create OPCEnum error
Trying to configure an OPC connection in FSGateway, but unable to browse installed OPC Servers.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 10/9/2014
- Applies to: FSGateway
Trying to setup a connection to an OPC Server from FSGateway, but when browsing get the following error:
OPCEnum is used to allow browsing of installed OPC Servers, and convert's the internal Windows CLSID to an English name.
OPCEnum just finds and fills in the CLSID for you, but the user can do this manually.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
- A list of all DCOM applications will be shown. Find your OPC Server in the list. It may be listed by product name, company name, or have an arbitrary name, so you will need to search for it.
- When you find your OPC Server in the list, right click on it and select Properties.
- On the General tab, the Application ID listed is the CLSID that you will need to put in FSGateway. Highlight and copy this value.
- Go back to FSGateway, and paste the Application ID from Component Services into the Server Name field.