TN AppSvr151 Exporting a Galaxy Dump File in Wonderware Application Server
The following article from InSource describes how to export a Galaxy Dump File from Wonderware Application Server IDE.
- Author: Michael Walker
- Published: 09/25/2014
- Applies to: Wonderware Application Server (all versions)
You can export instances and their configuration data in a Galaxy to a comma-separated values file with a .csv file name extension. After you export the Galaxy to a .csv file, you can edit it with Microsoft Excel 2000 or later. This makes it very easy to do large editing changes, such as search and replace. Exporting only exports instances. Templates cannot be exported in .csv file format.
The .csv file contains the configuration for the checked-in versions of the selected instances and the checked-out instances of the user who does the Galaxy dump. If an instance is checked out by another user when you export the Galaxy, the checked in version is exported.
The file contains only those attributes that are unlocked and configuration time-writeable, one column per attribute. The following are not exported:
• Scripts libraries are not exported. Scripts within an object are exported.
• Attributes that are not text-based are not exported. For example, type QualifiedStruct is not exported.
• Custom object online help files are not exported.
The following steps outline how to export objects to a Galaxy dump file
- In the Application views area, select at least one instance. Shift+click to select multiple instances. You can export all instances derived from a template by selecting the template.
- On the Galaxy menu, click Export and then click Galaxy Dump. The Galaxy Dump dialog box appears.
- Browse to the location of the .csv file to which you want to dump the selected instances. Type the name of the file. Click Save.
- When the Galaxy export process is done, click Close. A .csv file is created containing the selected objects and configuration data.