TN AppSvr101 Renaming a Managed InTouch Application
When you have a managed InTouch app, you can rename the instance, but this will not rename the actual application seen in InTouch Application Manager.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 10/9/2014
- Applies to: Application server 3.0 and higher
Have an InTouchViewApp that has been developed and now want to deploy it. When the template was first created a name was given to the application during the setup of the InTouchViewApp template, which by default is the name of the template object. When the application is deployed, this application name gets used as the display name in the InTouch Application Manager. If you rename the InTouchViewApp templates or instances and redeploy, this name change is not reflected in the InTouch Application Manager, instead it keeps the name that was originally entered when the InTouchViewApp was created.
To rename the InTouchViewApp you will need to do this from the IDE by modifying the properties of this application. To do this:
- Check out the InTouchViewApp application's template by right clicking on it and selecting Check Out. (Be sure to do this on the template in the Template Toolbox, not on the instance.)
- Right click on the template and select Application Information.
- The Application Name field that is shown at the top of the Application Information window is the name of your application as it will be shown in InTouch Application Manager.
- Enter the name you would like to have displayed in InTouch Application Manager into this field.