TN HistClient121 Preconfigure list of servers for Historian Client
If you have a lot of users that will be using Historian Client, it may be easier to preconfigure your list of servers, so that this doesn't need to be done by each user individually.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 12/30/2015
- Applies to: ActiveFactory 9.2 and Historian Client 10.0
1. Open Historian Client and configure your servers on one PC. When finished close Historian Client.
2. In Windows Explorer go to:
- On Windows XP and 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Wonderware\ActiveFactory
- On Windows 7 and higher - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Wonderware\ActiveFactory
3. Find the file named servers.xml, this file contains the list of servers and the logon credentials that you saved in step 1.
Note: This file is encrypted, so you will not be able to manually edit it.
4. Copy this servers.xml file to the appropriate folder for each of your users. To assist with new users, you can also copy this file to the Windows default profile, so that it will automatically be copied.