This article from InSource shows how to enable the AVEVA Historian Client add-in for Excel when using a 64bit version of Excel.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 12/04/2020
- Applies to: Historian Client 2020
With Historian Client version 2020 the Excel add-in provided by the installer will only work with 32bit versions of Microsoft Excel. There is a newer version of the Excel add-in available from your Historian computer but it must be added manually to Excel.
- Open a blank Excel workbook.
- From the File menu, go to Options.
- On the left menu of the Excel Options screen, select Trust Center, and then on the right click the button for Trust Center Settings.
- On the left menu of the Trust Center screen, select Trusted Add-In Catalogs.
- On the right, in the Catalog URL field we will point to the shared folder on your Historian computer. The path you will enter will look like "\\HISTORIANSERVERNAME\InsightAddin". Click on the "Add catalog" button once the path has been typed in, and then add a checkmark to the "Show in Menu" option, then click Ok and restart Excel.
- Open a new Excel Workbook.
- From the Insert menu select the My Add-ins option. From the Shared Folder menu select the AVEVA Historian add-in.