TN - 1195 How To Edit the Default Trend
This article from InSource shows how to edit the default settings in the Historian Trend Client so that new trend instances are configured to whatever specifications needed.
- Author: Justin Benton
- Published: 11/30/2021
- Applies to: Historian Client 2020 and above
Out of the box, the Historian Client Trend program has a set of default settings that are native to the program. However, if you would like to make any changes to the trends, that you know are going to be set across the board, this technote will show you how to make a change to the default trend itself, and not have to make the change every time you create a trend instance.
- Navigate to the following path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Wonderware\ActiveFactory\Trend. Here you will see the "Default" trend file.
- Make a backup of the default should you ever want to move all trends back to their default states. If you do not, uninstall and reinstall the Trend Client to start over.
- Open the default trend and make whatever customizations desired. In my example, I just unchecked the Tag List option.
- Save the trend. Now when you launch Trend from your application list, the changes made will reflect the default Trend.