This article from InSource shows you how to properly back up an Intouch Stand Alone application. Once backed up, the application can be kept in a location for safe keeping in the event of an emergency or moved to another machine for use.
- Author: Justin Benton
- Published: 07/01/2019
- Applies to: Wonderware Intouch 2014 R2 SP1 and above
Before performing a backup, please make sure that Windowmaker and Windowviewer are not running.
- Open the Intouch Application Manager.
We'll be working with The Demo Application 1024 x 768 for this example. Verify that the application is a Stand Alone application under the Application Type tab. This backup process only works for this type of Intouch application.
- Expand the Path column so that you can see the full path, then navigate to that path using Windows Explorer.
- Copy the entire application folder and paste it to the drive intended for backups. This can be a thumb drive, external hard drive, or another drive on the network. In this example, copy the demoapp1_1024 folder.
- After the file has been successfully copied, the backup process is complete.