This article walks through the process for creating a new data Historian source and replacing the existing data source.
- Author: Joseph Hefner
- Published: 06/16/2015
- Applies to: Information Server 3.0 or later
1) In the Information Server Data Source Manager create a new Historian Data Source by the desired name and select the checkbox for Default for this Data Source Type:
2) Delete the original data source from the shared data sources section:
3) Open the Configuration.Config file at the location below and change the name in the SDS section from your original data source name to your new name and save it. Make sure to make a backup of this file before modifying it:
4) Go to Administrative Tools \ Services and restart the aaHistClientReportingService
5) Confirm that you see the new data source name in Information Server.