How to enabled HTTPS for on prem Insight
- Author: Mike Viteri
- Published: 5/28/2020
- Applies to: Historian 2017 Update 3 SP1
1. You will need to go into the registry. Type "regedit" in the Run menu. Click ok.
2. Now you will have to enabled https for Insight. Navigate to the registry HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Archestra\Historian\Setup. For GatewayArgs set -secured to 1(from 0).
3. Now we have to reconfigure Historian security. Open Configurator. Click "allow remote access for SMC". Then click configure at the bottom.(This will restart SQL Server)
4. You should see this message once its configured.You can uncheck "Allow remote access for SMC" again.
5. If you open your browser and type your https://servername:32569 you should get Insight using https