Applies to Software
Applies to Version
|3.1 and Higher|
Applies to System/Module
User created an ArchestrA Galaxy which they now would like to rename, or would like to duplicate under a different name.
- Using the Wonderware System Management Console (SMC) create a backup of the currently existing galaxy. You will want to be sure all objects are checked in, and undeployed.
- To create the backup expand the Galaxy Database Manager.
- Right-click on the current galaxy and select “Backup”.
- Save the .cab file which the backup creates to your computer.
- Create a new galaxy.
- Open the Archestra IDE software, and when asked which galaxy to connect to select New Galaxy.
- For the Galaxy Name field enter the new name that you would like for the galaxy. For galaxy type, choose Base_Application_Server.cab. Then press Create.
- Locate the backup .cab file which we created in the first step, and we will edit it to use the name of the new galaxy.
- Rename the .cab file to a .zip.
- Open the .zip file with either Windows or a third party program such as Winzip or WinRar.
- Open the file named __GalaxyInfo.txt, and edit the GalaxyName= field to be the name of the new galaxy which you created.
- Save this file.
- Resave all of the files to a .zip file.
- Rename the .zip to a .cab file.
- Using the SMC, go to the Galaxy Database Manager and Restore over your new galaxy with the edited galaxy backup .cab file.