This article from InSource compares Network Application Development (NAD) and Deployment for Wonderware InTouch updates. NAD is used with InTouch Standalone applications. Deployment is used with InTouch Managed applications.
- Author: Rich Brooks
- Published: 1/12/2018
- Applies to: Wonderware InTouch 2017 and above
There are some key differences between NAD and deployed updates as listed below. Otherwise, they operate in the same fashion.
InTouch Standalone App
- NAD is optional with InTouch Standalone. It is enabled by checking the checkbox for "Enable Network Application Development".
- It is configured from the InTouch Application Manager by selecting Tools | Node Properties.
- The Local working directory is C:\Users\Public\Wonderware\NAD.
- There is a Polling period in seconds. This is how often it checks for changes.
InTouch Managed App
- Deployment of updates is required for Managed Applications.
- It is configured from the IDE by opening the InTouchViewApp template. Select Special | Configure | WindowViewer from the menu in WindowMaker.
- The Local working directory is C:\ProgramData\ArchestrA\ManagedApp.
- There is a Reminder interval in seconds. It may be set to zero for no reminder. The changes will load on restart of WindowViewer.