This article from InSource shows How to store Wonderware Application Server alarms using the Alarm DB Logger Utility.
- Author: Mike Viteri
- Published: 11/15/2015
- Applies to: Application 2014 and Later
1. When Historian 2014 is installed this will will create the A2ALMDB on the same server. This is where your historical alarms will be stored. Check for an A2ALMDB database.
2. Next go into your IDE. Go to Galaxy on the file menu. Select configure then Alarm Priority Mapping.
3. Next you will select which alarms you would like to historize to the database by checking the Historize checkbox.
4. For any objects that are hosted by an engine that you want alarms to be stored for you MUST historize the engine. Alarms will not be sent to the A2ALMDB for engines not historized.
5. Once you redeploy your engine alarms will now be send to the A2ALMDB.