Have a template object in Application Server that is correct, but want a second template that will be very similar. Need a way to duplicate this object.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 09/22/2014
- Applies to: Application Server 3.0 - 4.0
How and When to Use this Guide
Using Application Server and need to create a new template that is very similar to an existing template. Want the ability to duplicate the existing template, instead of having to start a new template from the beggining.
The following steps will walk the user through exporting their original object, renaming the original, then reimporting. During the import process the software checks if an object already exists by comparing the object's name. By renaming the original before the import, the software will think you are importing a new object, allowing two copies of the object to exist because each will have a different name.
- Find the template that you want to duplicate.
- Make sure the template is checked in.
- Right click on the template and select Export > Object, and save the file.
- Right click on the template and select Rename. Change the name to end with "_Original".
- Go to the Galaxy menu and select Import > Object(s). Select the object you saved in step 3.
- Import the object with the default import settings.
- An object will be created in your galaxy with the original name. Rename this to whatever the new template should be called.
- Rename your original object (The one ending in "_Original" from step 4) back to the original name (ie: remove "_Original").