Try to open an Archestra Symbol, and it shows up in the taskbar, but never open on the screen.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 09/22/2014
- Applies to: Application Server
How and When to Use this Guide
Trying to open an Archestra Symbol for editing. The symbol gets checked out, and shows in the taskbar as being open, but when clicking on the taskbar entry it does not appear on screen.
This issue is caused by the Archestra Symbol Editor attempting to be displayed on the screen with a size too small to acutally be displayed. The software stores the size of the editor internally, and if these values get set incorrectly the editor will be displayed on screen with a size of 0x0.
Steps to fix:
- In the IDE go to the Graphic Toolbox.
- Open a Symbol for editing by double clicking on it.
- The symbol should be shown as open on the taskbar. Select the symbol from the taskbar so that it is selected.
- On the keyboard press ALT+V, this will open the View Menu, and this may be visible on the screen.
- On the keyboard press the 'R' key, this will select the Reset Layout option on the View Menu.
- A confirmation box will be shown asking if you want to continue, click Yes.
- Right click on the symbol in your taskbar and select Close.
- Reopen your symbol, and you should now see the editor.
The steps above allow you to press the Reset Layout option in the graphic editor which sets all of the settings to their defaults. Once the symbol is closed the settings are saved so that they will apply for all symbols that are opened.