This article from InSource shows how to use the AVEVA License Manager software installed on a computer to remotely administer other AVEVA License Servers. This can be useful to allow centralized administration of multiple AVEVA License Servers.
- Author: Dillon Perera
- Published: 12/31/2020
- Applies to: AVEVA License Manager/Server
The AVEVA License Manager software includes a "+" icon to Add Servers, allowing remote administration of AVEVA License Servers.
Even if you are able to see the remote server on the network you will likely see an error saying that the remote License Server cannot be added:
The cause of this issue is that the License Manager Web Service on the computer you are using is unable to contact the remote License Server. This is due to the local service running as a "Local System Account" by default, restricting access to the network.
- Open Windows Services (services.msc) on the computer where you want to do the administration From.
- Find the License Manager Web Service and double-click it to open it's properties.
- From the Log On tab, select the option for "This Account:" and enter an administrative user that would have access to the network. A good choice would be the Network User that you configured when installing other AVEVA Wonderware products.
- Click OK, and then either Restart the service or reboot the computer.
Once these steps have been completed, you will be able to add the remote License Server to your remote License Manager.