Prerequisite failed to install because of the following (SQL version Error)Edit
How to resolve the SQL error while installing System Platform. This error displays occasionally after completing a full uninstall of SQL Server.
Begin by verifying the correct SQL Server version. This can be verified via the Technology Matrix.
- Open File Explorer or Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2012.
- Right click the Setup.exe file, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, click on the checkbox name "Run this program in compatibility mode for", from the combo box select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"
- Go to Control Panel, Select "Uninstall a program" and uninstall SQL Server 2012.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and delete all the sub-keys referencing SQL Server.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all the keys referencing SQL Server.
- Rename all the SQL Server folders in the computer like C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server and subfolders.