This article from InSource Solutions lists recommended troubleshooting steps when the Wonderware System Platform installer won't run or complete successfully.
- Author: Daniel London
- Published: 06/05/2018
- Applies to: System Platform 2014 and Newer
When attempting to install Wonderware System Platform, you could run into an instance where the installer won't start, hangs or won't complete. The steps in this article list known solutions for resolving this issue...
- Set the Windows Installer Service to a manual service, stop it and reboot the computer. Attempt the install again.
- Copy the installation media directly to the local hard drive and run the install.
- Re download the media from Wonderware's website and attempt the install again:
- Run the media Setup.exe, remove the software and reinstall.
- Request tech support to run the Install/Cleanup Utility to manually remove Wonderware products (this will remove all software on the system). Attempt the install again.
- If all else fails, follow Wonderware tech note 864. Attempt the install again.