TN VMW106 VMWare Internal Switch for Redundant Virtual Application Object Servers
This article from Insource shows how to create a VMWare Internal Switch for RMC when object servers reside on the same VMware host(Crossover cable not required)
This article from InSource shows...How to Create a VMWare Internal Switch for RMC when Objects Servers reside on the same VMWare host
- Author: Mike Viteri
- Published: 03/20/2016
- Applies to: VMWare & Application Server
- Select the VMhost where your VM's are running. Click on the "configuration" tab
- Select Add Networking on the right hand side
- Select Virtual Machine as the default
- Uncheck all physical network adapters. This will create an internal switch on host. You should "No Adapters" Under physical adapters. Click next when done.
- Rename the Network Label to RMC. Click next
- Your switch should look like the graphic below. Click Finish.
- Under your VMware configuration->networking you should now your see the RMC switch. Now in each AOS VM you can add a second network adapter and use application server redundancy.