This article from InSource shows how to install and configure SQL Reporting Services on an existing install of SQL Server Express Edition 2014 R2.
- Author: Chris Selph
- Published: 3/9/2019
- Applies to: SQL Server Express 2014 R2
Wonderware supplies SQL Server Express 2014 R2 as a base install for many of its products by default. The install package does not include SQL Reporting services which might be required for general reporting or built in reporting such as for InBatch. SQL Server Standard Edition does include reporting.
1. Download the SQL Server 2014 R2 Advanced with Tools install package from Microsoft. Be sure to get the 32 bit version to match what was previously installed from Wonderware.
2. Execute this file
3. Choose to Add New Features to existing install
4. Choose Add New Feature and use default instance
5. Check the Reporting Service - Native option
6. Complete installation
The Reporting Service now needs to be configured using the SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services Configuration Manager
7. Start the SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services Configuration Manager
8. Connect to the target SQL Server instance
9. Configure at a minimum the Service Account, Web Service URL, Database and Report Manager URL
The Reporting Services can be tested by navigating to the URL seen in the URL configuration. The reporting system will likely be empty.
Note you may need to start your browser "As Administrator" the first time before you configure proper security which is beyond the scope of this article.