This article from InSource shows how to Install Historian Excel Add-in.
- Author: Chris Cleope
- Published: 6/18/2020
- Applies to: 2017 Historian
Registering your excel add-in
- Open a blank workbook in Excel.
- Select the file Menu, then select Options. The Excel options dialog displays.
- Select Trust center, and then click Trust center settings. The trust center dialog displays.
- Select Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
- In the Catalog URL field, enter the UNC path for the shared location created on the Historian Server. The UNC path should use this format: \\your server name\InsightAddin
- Click Add Catalog. A new line appears in the tables.
- Click the new line and select Show in Menu Option.
- Click OK. Restart Excel to apply the changes.
Now we need to apply the Add-in
- Open a workbook in Excel.
- Select the Insert menu, and then click My Add-ins. The office add-ins dialog displays.
- Select Shared Folder, then select the AVEVA Historian add-in.
- Click OK. The AVEVA Historian add-in appears in the menu bar.
NOTE: This new add-in falls under the Historian SERVER group rather than Historian CLIENT. More info on the Technology Matrix is mentioned on the Historian Server page (https://gcsresource.aveva.com/TechnologyMatrix/Report/Details/7121)